Monday 5 January 2015

Isaac's Ark

Hello my little blogging friends, long time no see.  Can't believe that it's 2015 already, blinked and you missed 2014!

Well what a start to the year by being asked to make a card for a 1 year old little boy.  I wasn't sure at first what to do, but wanted to do something colourful.  I then remembered that I had some Kanban stamps of animals, and so the creative juices started flowing.   

First of all I cut a circle from Kraft card (actually it wasn't exactly Kraft card, but a light brown card, and then scored it down the centre (using my Hougie board) and then at 1 cm intervals towards the outside edge, I drew vertical lines and dots to make it look like planks,  then folded it in half.  

I then cut two more circles the same size but slightly larger than the brown one, (one using the Spellbinders Grand decorative circles and one using a Spellbinders plain circle, scored and folded these in half (this was basically to give a bit more stability to the structure) you could probably get away with one circle if you're using heavy weight card.  The edge of the decorative circle was coloured with distress ink pad (using Salty Ocean - or something like that, sorry can't remember off the top of my head).

I then cut a rectangle (I used a Tonic scalloped edge) and a slightly smaller straight edge to make the cabin.  Cut out four little windows and glazed them with diamond glaze,  I then cut a slot in the top of the brown circle, (along the crease) so that I could slide the rectangle into it.  If your following these instructions Don't stick anything down until you're happy where the animals are going etc., depending on how you want to decorate it!  

As I said earlier, I stamped the Kanban animals onto white card and then coloured them in (using Promarkers) and cut them out,  The bunting was stamped on white card and coloured in along with the Number 1 and also covered this in Diamond Glaze.  'Isaac' was stamped using a Clarity Stamp set, with Sprinkles blue glitter glue round the edges,  

The cabin is actually stuck to the front underside of the light brown.  This means it's at the right angle and not leaning forward.  Hope this makes sense.  



If you have any questions about making this card please feel free to contact me.  It's funny but I've had this idea in my mind since I got the stamps, but never actually got round to making it - but now I have I'm glad I did.  Isaac's Mum loved it and hopefully so will Isaac.  Just leaves me to say 
"Happy Birthday Isaac" and thank You for checking out my blog.  Take care and see you all again soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to view my blog x