Monday 12 November 2012

A Variation on a Theme

Was a bit fed up tonight, so made another version of the Christmas Baubles card. This time I used the paper piecing technique (think that's what it's called?).

I found some 6x6 pearlescent paper which I stamped the baubles on using a Stazon on ink pad (that was after I stamped them first with a versafine ink pad and found black smudge marks over the white card - oops!). Anyway, I then stamped them where I wanted them on the card and then placed the cut out ones on top, using a bit of pin flair to raise them slightly.

Instead of red gems, I used diamond glaze to accentuate (I like that word!) the berries.

I think this card is OK, but the freehand line around the edge looks a bit amateurish - must try harder next time.

Well till the next time - thanks for visiting, see you again soon x

6 comments:

  1. I love it Trudi, and I think the hand drawn lines are brilliant it makes it look really arty, the baubles look really good too, I think I'm liking this one more than the other one actually xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Trudi love the baubles and the colours and design are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely more than ok it's a fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab card love how you used the paper piecing technique emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly beautiful card, love the image xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Trudi, and i actually like the freehand lines

    Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to view my blog x